Hopp til hovedteksten
gm Danevig nye farger
Print friendly version

"G.M. Dannevig"

"G.M. Dannevig" was originally named "Kystfangst" and owned by "Fiskeriteknologisk Forskningsinstitutt" (Institute of Fisheriy Technology Research).

When the vessel was taken over by the Institute of Marine Research and stationed in Flødevigen outside Arendal, the name was changed to "G.M. Dannevig" to honor the founder of Flødevigen Research Station and aquaculture pioneer, Gunder Mathiesen Dannevig (1841 -1911).

The vessel was extended and modified in 1986/87. The vessel's area of operation is primarily along the Norwegian coast from Kristiansand to Halden, and in the Skakerrak/Kattegat/North Sea.

Technical specifications

 

Shipyard:  Kystvågen Verft in Møre og Romsdal
Built:  1979
Length:  27.8 m
Beam:  6.7 m
GRT:  171 brt
Maskinery:  2 x 330 hk
Accomodation:   1 single, 7 two-berth cabins