North Atlantic Seafood 2016 arrangeres i Bergen 1-3 mars.
The 17th Russian-Norwegian Symposium “Long-term sustainable management of living marine resources in the Northern Seas” is jointly organized by the Knipovich Polar Research Institute of Marine Fisheries and Oceanography (PINRO), Murmansk, Russia and the Institute of Marine Research (IMR), Bergen, Norway.
The Symposium will be held in Bergen, Norway, March 16-17, 2016 at the Scandic Bergen City Hotel. Information about the hotel can be found at: www.scandichotels.com/Hotels/Norway/Bergen/Scandic-Bergen-City/
The main subject of the Symposium is the long-term sustainable management of living marine resources in the Northern Seas (Greenland, Iceland, Norwegian and Barents Seas). We invite contributions from scientists, managers, and stakeholders.
Theme session I: Evaluating long-term management plans
- Current models for management strategy evaluations
- New approaches for evaluating long term management plans
- Parameterization, uncertainty and sensitivity
Theme session II: Harvest Control Rules in theory and in practice
- Result and experiences from management strategy evaluations
- Precautionary approach and maximum sustainable yield –guiding or binding?
- Evaluations of the performance and compliance to long term management plans
Theme session III: Sustainable and optimal management
- Multispecies and ecosystem considerations
- Bioeconomical and social considerations
- Balancing different objectives in determining harvest control rules beyond maximum sustainable yield considerations – views from stakeholders - scientists, managers and industry
Russia (PINRO): Konstantin Drevetnyak, Evgeny Shamray and Yury Kovalev
Norway (IMR): Bjarte Bogstad, Katja Enberg and Harald Gjøsæter
The symposium language is English (with no interpretations), and Proceedings of the symposium after editing by an editorial board will be published in the IMR/PINRO Joint Report Series. To be included in these proceedings, electronic Word versions of manuscripts with figures in jpg format must be submitted to Harald Gjøsæter and Yury Kovalev no later than March 30, 2016.
Travel expenses and accommodation shall be covered by participants.
Institute of Marine Research, Norway are proud to present the 2016 INMARTECH meeting at Grieghallen in Bergen, Norway.