- Build upon the experience available from the Nordic countries as well as other global regions to explore practical guidance on MPA implementation and related policies, within EAF and in context of broader cross-sectoral EA, to reach fisheries management objectives while making explicit their effect on biodiversity conservation goals;
- Sharing of experiences and good practices on policies and frameworks related to spatial management measures and implementation of MPAs in different ecological, economic and social contexts;
- To discuss and outline policy and management frameworks for planning and implementing MPAs as tools for management at sectoral and cross-sectoral levels
Objectives of the workshop
Registration and payment
Register here for the conference NB! Number of participants will be limited to 120 persons.
Registration fee is NOK 1500 (for students NOK 1000) and includes coffee breaks, lunches, reception and one dinner.
Bergen, Norway, 29 – 31 March 2011
- The Institute of Marine Research, Norway and
- The Norwegian Fishery Forum for Development Cooperation
Venue: Scandic Hotel and Conference Center, Bergen, Norway
The workshop will bring together scientists, fisheries and environmental managers, conservation specialists, as well as stakeholders and policy-makers to explore new findings and approaches regarding ecological, economic and social aspects of integrated MPA.
Geographic scope: global
Convener: Erlend Moksness, IMR