- Review of sectoral and cross-sectoral policy and institutional framework that enable MPAs to be used as one of the tools to reconcile fisheries management and ecosystem conservation in different regions
- Review and synthesis of experiences that will serve to inform implementation of MPAs as one of the tools to reconcile fisheries management and ecosystem conservation
- Practical advice on sectoral (e.g fisheries and EAF) and cross-sectoral management frameworks (e.g. EA, ICZM, MSP) that can inform the appropriate implementation of MPAs, including input and guidance for dealing with management trade-offs when developing MPAs
Registration and payment
Register here for the conference NB! Number of participants will be limited to 120 persons.
Registration fee is NOK 1500 (for students NOK 1000) and includes coffee breaks, lunches, reception and one dinner.
Bergen, Norway, 29 – 31 March 2011
- The Institute of Marine Research, Norway and
- The Norwegian Fishery Forum for Development Cooperation
Venue: Scandic Hotel and Conference Center, Bergen, Norway
The workshop will bring together scientists, fisheries and environmental managers, conservation specialists, as well as stakeholders and policy-makers to explore new findings and approaches regarding ecological, economic and social aspects of integrated MPA.
Geographic scope: global
Convener: Erlend Moksness, IMR