EMBS 47 is hosted by Institute of Marine Research, Field Station Flødevigen, Norway, situated in Arendal city on the south coast of Norway. Flødevigen Research Station was founded in 1882, and is one of the oldest stations of its kind in Europe. The venue is Arendal Kulturhus, in the middle of down town city. All recommended hotels are in walking distanse to the venue centre. Bus transport will be arranged to and from Hove Campus.
There are several travel options to Norway and Arendal:
- Oslo Gardermoen Airport is the main Norwegian International Airport. From here is approx 6 h travel to Arendal city. From Oslo Gardermoen Airport you may take the airport train og the bus shuttle to Oslo city (approx travel time is 30min by train, 45 min by bus). From Oslo busses runs every second hour during daytime to Arendal (see timetable busses) and trains to Arendal leaves every 4th hour (07:11(w), 11:11, 15:09, 17:11(w) (W=weekday)).
- Oslo Airport Torp is an alternative airport with many international connections. From here you must take a taxi to Fokserød and from there bus to Arendal. The busses leaves from Fokserød every second hour from 0750 to 2150 and arrives Arendal after a 2:45 h ride.
- Kristiansand Kjevik Airport is the nearest airport with international connections to Copehagen and Schipool. Shuttle busses leaves regularly to Arendal city.
- In addition there are car ferries from England, Sweden and Denmark arriving Stavanger, Kristiansand, Larvik and Sandefjord.
- For more information, see: Arendal turistkontor/ tourist office,
Hove Campus is situated 12 km outside Arendal and offer 130 single rooms at a cost of ca NOK 1600 for the period 3.-7. September 2012 (4 nights) including breakfast and transport to the city in the morning and back in the afternoon. 8 of these rooms can be used as 2-bed rooms to a extra cost of NOK 1.000,- and 8 can be used as 3-bed rooms with an extra cost of NOK 1800,-. Breakfast and transport are included for the extra persons. The rooms have to be paid when you make your registration and booking. For larger groups (> 12 people), please contact Hove Campus directly for special offer.
In addition, there are several hotels available in Arendal. Reservations before 01.06.2012 will give 10% of for EMBS-participants.
Reservations have to be done directly to the hotel.
|Clarion Hotel Tyholmen, Arendal||+47 370 76 800|
|Thon Hotel Arendal, Arendal||+47 370 52 email@example.com|
|Arendal Maritme hotell||+47 370 00 720||Resepsjon@arendalmaritime.no|