The overall objectives are to transfer competence on areas where Norwegian governmental institutions have special expertise and technological knowledge. In collaboration with our partner countries, CDCF can assist developing countries to improve the outcome of their living aquatic resources in a sustainable way by:
- Supporting institutions and capacity building in counties and regions that ask our expertise
- Developing systems for collecting data, quality assurance of data and making them available for management purposes.
- Establishing relations between data flow and competence building.
Concerning knowledge, CDCF will contribute to
- develop scientific investigations and assist to carry out cruises where needed
- apply data in a good way in science and management
- develop knowledge on aquatic flora and fauna in general
- develop knowledge on production in aquaculture in a sustainable way
- develop knowledge on how human impact (fisheries, aquaculture, industry) may influence aquatic ecosystems