The main objective:
An ocean observation system for the Nordic Seas, with autonomous profiling floats, that delivers high-quality in-situ data, in near-real time, and at any time, as a part of a worldwide monitoring program.
- A sustained ocean observing system for the Nordic Seas for climate research and monitoring
- Complement measurements in areas with less or no observations from other observations platforms
- Improve the national data service of ocean observations
- Develop Argo floats as platforms for additional and future (e.g. biological and chemical) sensors
- Increased national and international collaboration, also within different disciplines
- Contribute to an improved climatology of the Nordic Seas
- Participation in the European Argo User Group
- Join the newly established Euro-Argo European Research Infrastructure (the E-A ERIC).
- Establish a web site for the Norwegian Argo infrastructure