Tasks and sub-goals:
- Resources monitoring to provide advice regarding coastal stocks.
- Monitoring coastal and fjord environments.
- Mapping biological values in the Coastal Zone
- Identifying marine biological diversity and tolerance limits.
- Marine conservation areas as management tools.
- Introduced species
- The EU’s Framework Water Directive.
Main activities 2015/2016
- Monitoring coastal stocks of cod, sprat, lumpfish, eel, wrasse, halibut, monkfish, plankton and pollock, russian crab, lobster, norwegian lobster, commen crab, harbor seals and porpoise.
- Examine the effect of small MPAs in the coastal zone
- Mapping spawning grounds of fish stocks in Western and Northern Norway.
- Monitoring the fjord- and coastal environment (water quality, plankton) in Skagerrak, Western- and Northern Norway.
- Coast & Science Programme Svalbard-Northern Norway
- Mapping habitats in the coastal zone (Zostera beds).
Monitoring the invasion of pacific oysters in Skagerrak