- To combine the results of experimental work, field data and modelling so as to enable us to provide advice regarding the framework and potential of Norwegian aquaculture.
- To continue to develop and quality-assure methodologies and models.
- To standardise methodology for registering the environmental effects of aquaculture (e.g. MOLO).
- To draw up a risk matrix for the Norwegian aquaculture industry.
Tasks and activities:
- Environmental impact of aquaculture systems, including types of aquaculture, environment, siting and area use.
- Health of aquaculture organisms and spread of disease.
- Sustainable use of feeds and feed resources.
- Suffering involved in the production of farmed fish.
- Controlled sexual maturation and sterile fish.
- Catch-based aquaculture.
- Genetic and ecological consequences of fish farming.
- Effects of salmon lice on wild fish and monitoring of national salmon fjords.
- Dispersal and recapture of escaped fish.
- Broodstock organisms and early life-stages.
- Sea ranching and fjord cultivation.
- Welfare of aquaculture organisms.
- Advice to the authorities.
These areas have been established as projects and have drawn up individual project goals.